Monday, January 19, 2009

EUR/USD

I want to put something into perspective for you; and make sure you read this whole thing to see what I'm talking about...But in looking for a currency pair to trade, I came across the EUR/USD (Chart Below). As it sits right now and where it sat on Wednesday it looks to be a good low risk entry for a long play(buy the EUR sell the USD - looking for it to go up from here).

Now, between Wednesday, Thursday and Friday it moved in the positive direction 300 pips. If you were good enough of a swing trader; 300 pips on 1 mini contract is $300.00 in your pocket...if you bought 1 full contract (10 mini's) that would have been $3,000.00 in your pocket...And finally my friends, if you had 10 full contracts; well that's a good ol $30,000 you would have banked all in 3 days. Can we say SWEETNESS!!!!!!!

That's the leverage of trading currencies and that's why I do it!

No comments: