Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Another Day

While I'm sitting in my car, traveling the roads, I come to an obvious realization that the stimulus checks aren't going to "stimulate" this economy...

Very elementary when you think about it; but people aren't going to spend their money on 'stuff' when they get their check...they're gonna spend it on gas and food because its getting so dang expensive...$15 gallon of gas/$20 gallon of milk....you might laugh but at the rate we're going it won't take long...and it'll only get worse unless we find a top....

But I wonder, a 'pop' in one bubble should create a new bubble..........right?

That's all.

-Matt J
Sent via BlackBerry from AT&T

3 comments:

Shelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David Richardson said...

Bring on $15... I'll make a ton of cash if I knew we were going there. Trading USO looks pretty good. Oil, Gold and Silver were up big today. Flight to safety. No more Uncle Ben to save the day. Time to face reality of this bubble and our years of denial of alternative energy.

Shelley said...

I was pretty darn happy in that bubble. But, with that being said, alternative fuel prices are helping out my fertilizer stocks tremendously. So, maybe that will ever-so-slightly balance out my $15 gallon of gas. (It would ONLY be $13.)

And speaking of "bubbles..." When are we going to recover from this housing bust? Today they are reporting a 3.1% drop in housing prices first quarter....the LARGEST drop on record.

I may be living next to Bob, Barbara and Ruby for the rest of my life. Lets hope the slump and falling prices don't tap into my equity. (Ok, maybe I am being a tad bit dramatic. I say this as I install hardwoods. Obviously I think it will recover at least in the next couple of years...)

P.S. The $15 gallon of gas you mentioned...is that premium or regular? ;)